Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

MY GARDEN'S BEAUTY

Entering my garden's gate, the view is this,
The beginning of a tour you won't want to miss.
The rose is a climber of short stature,
Not very tall when it's fully mature.

Day lillies, it shares its bed with,
Were, a long time ago, given me as a gift,
They've still to amaze us with their bloom,
When we'll be crunching on them soon.

Across from this bed is a rose, whom I've forgot,
Years ago from a chain store I bought,
"Intrepid" might be who she is,
This isn't a poetic quiz.

Around the corner, a young clematis, beginning to bloom,

The Columbine, on a rainy day, brightening the gloom.

A peony afraid the rain will dash it to the ground,
On it's petals, a fly resting, is to be found

A couple of David Austin roses have I,
Their fragrance isn't overwhelming, oh my.
When they open, like a pate' choux,
They can be described as frilly froo-froo.

This was our garden in 2010.  Last year we did no gardening at all.  We will be beginning the arduous project of putting it back together.  It is hard to believe but it looks like only  one of the roses died.  I will probably have to replace all the herbs. 

My brick walls, with the freeze and thaw and the tremendous rains we had in 2011, have fallen in total disrepair.  They will have to be rebuilt.  This will be like house cleaning..lol..You need to move the furniture around.  In this case I am sure beds will be redesigned.



For more blogs by me visit at:
A blog mostly about quilting, but cooking, poetry, prose and a little gardening,
New blog tutorial on how to make 5 panel Boxer Shorts.
Not a garden blog.  There are articles which have nothing to do with creating or gardening. 
There are blogs on the new born baby kittens we found and are mothering.  It is a blog where I will sometimes voice my opinions which will always be environmentally friendly.
As always, any pictures or writings are my own, if not credit will be given to the contributor.
Please do not use without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment